A Guide to Flyer Design & Leaflet Design Cost
Leaflets might feel a bit old-school for 2024, but they’re still super-powerful, especially when combined with some online marketing.
For any small business, knowing how much leaflet design costs is as important as the design itself.
It’s all about getting your message out there without breaking the bank. We get that.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- Why combining them with your online marketing is effective.
- How the quality of your leaflet designer affects what you pay.
- What to look for when choosing a professional graphic design service.
Let’s explore how leaflets can work alongside your digital efforts to really get your business noticed.
The Role of Flyer Design in your Brands Marketing
While the internet is the go-to place for advertising, some more traditional methods haven’t lost their usefulness.
In fact, they can be a secret weapon for small businesses. They’re easy to hand out, people can read them in their own time, and they give a personal touch that digital ads can’t match.
But here’s the interesting part – leaflets can actually boost your online efforts.
By guiding people to your website, reviews or social media pages.
Well-designed, and with your web address or a QR code on, they can quite nicely bridge the gap between offline and online, bringing more eyes to the content you’ve spent ages adding to your shiny web design.
- They are direct and personal, making them hard to ignore.
- They support your online marketing by driving traffic to your digital platforms.
- A really creative one with a simple, strong message can make a lasting impression, something that’s arguably harder to achieve online.
Everyone’s fighting for attention on the internet, content is everywhere, videos galore, gifs, messages and advert after advert and just when people are having 5 minutes to themselves on the bus, they get served another advert, and now it’s your one. It’s exhausting. That budget soon disappears, no more sales are made for the business and you give up.
Sometimes a good old-fashioned leaflet can give your business a unique edge.
Don’t doubt it.
Breaking Down Leaflet Design Costs
In the UK, leaflet design prices can vary quite a bit depending on who you choose.
A freelance graphic designer who specialises in leaflet advertising will typically charge between £100 and £400 for their design skills. On the other hand, opting for an established creative agency could see see the cost of designing a flyer going well over £1000, reflecting the scope, sophistication and team working on it.
Understanding what goes into the cost of designing a leaflet is key for any business owner.
It’s not just about paying for a piece of paper; it’s a proper investment in your business, in its image and message.
Several factors come into play:
Complexity of the Design
The more intricate your design, the higher the cost. A simple, text-only layout will be more budget-friendly than a design with custom graphics and images. Should you choose to produce a leaflet brochure design, expect to pay a bit more. You can see our brochure design costs here.
Printed Leaflets Quality and Materials:
The type of paper stock you choose, whether you want colour or black-and-white, and if you need special finishes like gloss, matte, UV Varnish, all affect the price. Higher quality materials will mean a higher cost, but they also make your leaflet stand out.
Generally, the more you print, the cheaper the cost. It’s about finding the right balance between how many you need and what you can afford. Your designer will know a good printing company with a service at an affordable price.
Some designers offer extra services like helping with content or managing the printing process. These can be helpful but will add to the overall cost.
Remember, a well-designed flyer doesn’t have to be expensive. It’s about finding a designer who can deliver quality work within your budget. The right leaflet can be a cost-effective way to make a big impression.
How Much Does Leaflet Printing Cost?
When it comes to printing, the cost can vary based on a few key factors. These include the quality of paper, color choices, and the quantity you’re printing. Generally, here’s what you can expect:
- Paper Quality: Better quality paper costs more. You’ll need to decide between standard and premium options based on your budget and the impression you want to make.
- Colour vs. Black and White: Full-colour leaflets are more eye-catching but also more expensive than black and white prints. Consider what will best suit your design and message. Bear in mind that the cost of digital printing is currently so competitive, we haven’t printed a black and white flyer in nearly 10 years.
- Quantity: Printing in bulk reduces the cost. 1000 leaflets can be cheaper than 500 depending on the printing service. It’s a balance between how many you need and the total cost you can afford. In our opinion it’s always best to print more than you think you need. The additional cost is often negligible and if you have lots left you can drive down your town high street throwing them out of the window like confetti (Don’t really do this. Well… maybe don’t.)
- Size and Folding: Standard sizes like A5 or A4 leaflet printing costs are always cheaper to print when it comes to marketing materials like these. Any special folded leaflet, custom paper sizes or additional print processes your graphic designers suggests will add to the price.
As a rough guide, small orders of simple digital colour leaflets might start around £50 for a batch, while high-quality, litho prints in larger quantities could run into several hundreds of pounds.
Remember, the printing cost is an investment in your business. Choosing the right options can make your leaflet stand out and bring a better return on your investment.
Leaflet Advertising and Digital Integration
Leaflets and digital marketing are like two sides of the same coin. When used together, they can really add to your business’s reach. Here’s how leaflets can work with your digital efforts:
- Driving Online Traffic: Include your website URL or social media handles on your leaflets. This simple step encourages people who receive your leaflet to check out your online presence.
- QR Codes: Adding a QR code to your leaflet that links directly to your website, a special offer, or a signup page is a tech-savvy way to marry offline and online marketing.
- Consistent Branding: Ensure your design reflects your online branding. Consistency across online and offline materials strengthens your brand identity and makes your business more memorable.
- Engaging Content: Use your leaflets to tease or highlight content, services or products available on your website.
Case studies have shown that businesses using a mix of digital and traditional marketing methods, like leaflets, often see better engagement and conversion rates. It’s about creating a cohesive journey for your customers, from holding a great flyer in their hands to clicking through your website.
Choosing the Right Leaflet Designer
Our advice is always hire a professional. Finding a design service that fits your needs and budget is crucial. Here are some tips to help you make the best choice for your design:
- Portfolio Review: Look at their past work. A good designer will have a portfolio showcasing a range of styles. This gives you an idea of their capability, design experience, and whether their style works for your business.
- Understanding Your Business: Choose a professional graphic designer who takes the time to understand your business and your goals. A leaflet that reflects your brand’s personality and message is more likely to resonate with your audience.
- Pricing Transparency: Be wary of hidden costs. A good flyer design service will be upfront about their design price and what it includes. This helps avoid surprises down the line.
- Client Testimonials: Check out what previous clients have said about their services. Positive feedback from other business owners can be a strong indicator of reliability and quality.
- Turnaround Time: If you’re on a tight schedule, make sure the designer can meet your timeline. A good balance between quality and speed is key.
Remember, the cheapest option isn’t always the best. Investing in a quality design service can make your leaflet more effective, ultimately giving you better value for your money.
Maximising Return on Investment (ROI) with your Leaflet
Investing in leaflet design is not just a cost; it’s an opportunity to grow your business. To ensure you get the best return on this investment, here are some key points to consider:
- Strong Call to Action: Your leaflet should clearly tell the reader what to do next – whether it’s visiting your website, making a call, or taking advantage of a special offer. A compelling call to action can significantly increase the chances of your leaflet converting a reader into a customer.
- Highlighting Your Unique Selling Points: What makes your business stand out? Make sure your leaflet communicates this. It could be your exceptional service, unique products, or special offers. This is what grabs attention and sticks in people’s minds.
- Targeted Distribution: Think about where your potential customers are likely to be and distribute your leaflets there. Whether it’s local events, stores, or through direct mail, targeted distribution ensures your leaflets reach the right audience.
- Tracking Success: If possible, track the effectiveness of your leaflets. This could be through a unique promo code, a specific landing page on your website, or simply asking customers how they heard about you. Tracking helps you understand what works and what doesn’t, allowing for smarter future investments.
By focusing on these areas, you can make your leaflet an effective tool that not only captures attention but also drives real business results.
Our Professional Leaflet Design Costs
Here’s a simple list of what we charge at Designers Up North for double-sided leaflet designs in A5 and A4 sizes.
We only do designs with print on both sides.
No one has asked us for a single-side design in over 5 years as it barely costs more to print both, and you get a lot more room for your important message, which is great for your advertising, your business, and just as importantly, your budget.
We also include stock images from Adobe Stock Photo within the price quoted.
See. Told you they were worth it. Start your Leaflet today!
Leaflets are more than just paper; they’re a smart way to get your business noticed. Over the last 30 years we’ve seen how these costs work and why these little pieces of paper are still a big deal for connecting with customers.
It’s all about making a real-life impact that complements what you do online.
- Leaflets and online marketing make a great team.
- The look and feel of your leaflet matters, and it affects cost.
- Choosing the right design service is crucial for standout leaflets.
Remember, a leaflet in the hand can lead to a click online.
If you’re thinking about upping your marketing, leaflets are a great cost-effective place to start.
For more information feel free to explore our other blog posts or just give us a shout 🙂
Jim Adams is a designer with over 25 years of experience in the industry. As the owner and designer at Designers Up North, Jim has led numerous projects that have significantly impacted clients’ brands and digital presence.
Having attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Design & Photography with honours, mentored by professors such as Jem Southam, Jim has since worked extensively in web design, branding, and graphic design. Over the years, Jim has earned a reputation for crafting both print and web design solutions that surpass client expectations.
Thanks to his photography background he has an expert knowledge of web design for wedding photographers and continues to work on websites and marketing for some of the UK’s best photographers.